NOPEC buys natural gas and electricity in bulk to help lower your utility bills.
As Ohio’s largest nonprofit energy aggregator, we protect your energy investment and provide peace of mind by:
- Negotiating lower energy rates and better terms
- Advocating for consumer-friendly legislation
- Educating residents and communities on ways to conserve energy
- Providing a safe alternative from predatory for-profit retail suppliers
Who is NOPEC?
NOPEC is a nonprofit energy supplier in Northeast Ohio that provides competitive energy cost savings to residents and small businesses using a buy in bulk method.
NOPEC has three components to its mission: we aggregate, educate and advocate for our member communities. As a nonprofit energy supplier, we negotiate for lower energy rates and better terms and conditions. We educate residents and customers in member communities on how they can conserve energy and save even more on their energy bills. And we advocate for consumer-friendly energy legislation at both the state and federal level.
Our Energy Partner
NOPEC buys electricity and natural gas in bulk from NextEra Energy Services Ohio, LLC, a subsidiary of NextEra Energy, Inc., a trusted group of companies with more than 80 years of performance excellence, exceptional credit ratings, and financial stability.
If you have questions or for more information, call us!
We do more than save you money.
In addition to saving Ohio residents and small businesses hundreds of millions of dollars since 2001, we also:
- Educate legislators about the consumer benefits of energy aggregation and advocate for you in hearings that directly impact energy regulation and the rates on your utility bills.
- Invest in our communities by providing grants, customer education programs, and small business energy-efficient financing.
- Help you reduce energy consumption with our monthly Energy Connection newsletter, maintenance reminders, sustainable blog series, and energy savings road map.
- Engage with our communities through our event sponsorship program and by providing resources like the community toolkit and Funding Main$pring.