To enroll, you actually don't have to do anything.
How easy is that?
The Opt-Out Form
- If you live in a NOPEC member community, you can still choose not to participate. We’ll send you an enrollment letter every 3 years for electric accounts and every 2 years for natural gas, giving you the option to say “no thanks” to NOPEC and choose a different supplier if you want. Just return the opt-out form included with your enrollment letter to opt-out of the program.
- If you want to enroll, you don't actually have to take any action, all eligible accounts are automatically enrolled. You can just throw the form in the recycling bin.
- Congratulations, you're enrolled in utility savings!
- Once enrolled, you may receive a letter from your utility company confirming that your energy supplier will be changing. There is nothing you need to do at this and there will be no disruption of service. Your utility will continue to deliver your energy.
- Look for NOPEC savings on your bill.
NOPEC is NOT an extra charge on your utility bill.
NOPEC (Northeast Ohio Public Energy Council) is a non-profit group of over 235 communities that negotiates lower utility rates. As Ohio’s largest energy aggregator, NOPEC buys gas and electricity in bulk to help lower your utility bills.Learn more about NOPEC
- Save money on your utility bills.
- Enjoy consumer-friendly regulations thanks to our legislative advocacy.
- Learn valuable energy saving tips & tricks to save even more money on your utility bills.
- Keep pesky solicitors away by adding your address to the "Do not knock" registry. Check to see if you are a part of a Do not Knock community.
*2001-2017 NOPEC customer electricity generation savings.
Frequently Asked Questions
You should check with your current supplier to determine any early termination fees that may be a part of your contract with them. If you decide to leave before the end date of your contract you may be subject to those fees. Then call NOPEC at 1-855-667-3201 to get enrollment information.
As a NOPEC customer, you pay for the electricity or natural gas supply that you use. There are no additional fees. NOPEC receives no public funds, and its member communities are not charged any dues or fees. The chair and members of the Board of Directors serve without compensation. NOPEC’s administrative expenses, such as the cost of the opt-out mailings, staffing, and expenses, are paid by fees from the energy suppliers. The budget is approved once a year by the General Assembly.
The terms and conditions can be found on the back of your enrollment letter.
When a community joins NOPEC, all eligible accounts within that community are automatically enrolled as a part of the aggregation program, unless a resident chooses to opt-out by returning the opt-out form enclosed with their enrollment letter.
Contact our customer care line at 855-667-3201 (855-NOPEC-01) to find out about budget billing.
If you received an enrollment letter in the mail, you can return the included opt-out form to opt-out of the aggregation program. If you have questions, you can also call our customer care line at 855-667-3201 (855-NOPEC-01).
There are several reasons why some customers may not have received an opt-out notice:
- Customers may have previously signed a notice from the utility that prohibits them from releasing a customer’s information to independent suppliers.
- Customers may be under contract with another supplier and are not eligible.
- Customers may have been inadvertently excluded from the database acquired from the utility.
- Customers also may be ineligible because they are on a Percentage of Income Payment Plan (PIPP)or are not current in a payment plan with the utility. Customers who did not receive a notice and want to join NOPEC should call 855-667-3201 (855-NOPEC01).