City of Cleveland Electric Aggregation Program Enrollment
By Mary Ripley on June 28, 2018
The City of Cleveland has elected to join the Northeast Ohio Public Energy Council (NOPEC) electricity aggregation program. NOPEC’s aggregation program is the largest governmental public retail energy aggregation in Ohio and currently serves over 200 communities in fourteen Ohio counties.
Through the City of Cleveland’s Municipal Aggregation Program, CEI customers gain group buying power for the purchase of competitively priced electricity. There is no cost for enrollment, and residents and businesses are not charged a switching fee. There are no changes to the electricity service aside from the price and the supplier. CEI will continue to send monthly bills, respond to outages, and deliver electricity. City of Cleveland Aggregation Program representatives will not contact residents and ask to switch suppliers.
City of Cleveland residents and small businesses, in the CEI/Illuminating Company service areas, will begin receiving NOPEC enrollment letters explaining the electric program options available to Cleveland customers on April 18th, 2018.
Option 1 Pricing – $0.05425 per kWh
Includes Renewable Energy Credits for 100% of the consumer’s energy usage
- Available to eligible NOPEC residential and small commercial customers in Cleveland, Ohio.
- Pricing begins with your next available meter read date on or around June 2018 and will continue until your January 2020 meter read date.
- You do not need to do anything to participate.
- You may receive a letter confirming enrollment in NOPEC’s program.
Option 2 Pricing – Variable Rate Option
Includes Renewable Energy Credits for 50% of the consumer’s energy usage
- Price will be 6% below the Cleveland Electric Illuminating Company’s Price to Compare (PTC) for residential electric customers and 4% below the PTC for small commercial customers.
- Enrollment is limited and subject to availability. Call customer service at 1-855-NOPEC01 (1-855-667-3201) to enroll.
For more information:
Go to the City of Cleveland’s Electric Aggregation FAQ Page or contact NOPEC’s Customer Service line at 855-NOPEC-01 (855-667-3201). NOPEC’s Customer Service team is available 24/7 to answer your questions.Tags: