Green Ribbon Award
Green Ribbon Award Nominations Are CLOSED
The NOPEC Green Ribbon Award recognizes the outstanding achievements of member communities who have completed projects to reduce their municipality's energy footprint. By celebrating best practices in energy efficiency and innovation, NOPEC hopes to encourage communities to participate in energy sustainability initiatives to create a brighter future for their residents for years to come.
Winners of the Green Ribbon Award will receive a plaque and $2,500 to go toward future energy efficiency projects. Winners will be chosen and all participants will be notified by September 30, 2023.
2022 Green Ribbon Award Winners
The City of Lakewood added four dual-port electric vehicle charging stations, more than doubling the number of charging ports available. This update makes EV infrastructure more accessible in their community and, in turn, reduces greenhouse gas emissions.
The Village of Willoughby Hills replaced the over 30-year-old HVAC unit in their Historic Grange building. This not only provides energy efficient heating and cooling, but provides a comfortable space for Scout Troops to meet year-round.
The City of Reminderville replaced 12 high bay lights in their natatorium with LED fixtures, decreasing the building's overall energy usage and increasing safety for their residents.
2022 Participating Communities
Green, Hanover Township, Highland Heights, Lakewood, Maple Heights, Reminderville, Willoughby Hills
- Only NOPEC member communities are eligible to apply for the Green Ribbon Award.
- Award submissions must be from municipality-directed projects or programs.
- Qualifying projects can include, but are not limited to, energy efficiency upgrades to public buildings, initiatives that impact the community's overall energy management, renewable energy initiatives, or projects that promote energy sustainability within the community. Projects funded by NOPEC's Energized Community Grant are eligible.
- To qualify, projects need to be completed within the previous year at the time of application.
- Winners cannot submit a project that previously won the Green Ribbon Award.