Fourth of July Backyard Bash Tips and DIY Ideas
By Kelly on July 2, 2018
The Fourth of July is America's day to celebrate freedom. What better way to celebrate than enjoying good food and summer activities with friends and family? Make the most of your day off with these activities, recipes and DIY ideas!
- Water Balloon Baseball: Spend the holiday enjoying one of America's greatest past times! You can play a regular game of wiffle ball, or make it even more interesting by swapping regular balls for water balloons and having a water balloon batting practice.
- At-home firework show: Everyone knows fireworks are an integral part of our Independence Day, but why not bring them into your own backyard in a safe and exciting way! Normal, at-home fireworks can be unnerving and you might be hesitant to bring these into your home. Instead bring sparklers and roman candles for everyone to light! Then sit back and enjoy your own at-home, colorful light show!
- Slip n' slide tarp: Have a big hill or slope in your backyard? Turn it into a water slide by laying out a tarp and using your hose to wet it down. For even more fun add some dish soap to the slide!
You'll want the perfect looking patio or backyard to get everyone in a festive spirit! Standard flags are great, but take your red, white a blue game up a notch this year by sporting the colors in new ways. Try these DIY tips and tricks to make your bash the highlight of the summer!
- Patriotic Bandanna Table Cloth: Line up four rows of three bandannas, alternating red, white and blue and sew them together for a patriotic table cloth to put on a food serving table.
- DIY Confetti Launcher: Its a lot easier than it sounds! Cut a balloon in half and tie it at the bottom, and tightly tape it to a decorated toilet paper tube. Fill the tube with confetti made up of cutting construction paper and enjoy the fun!
- LED Solar Twinkle Lights: A festive way to keep the fun going as the sun goes down, wrap these twinkle lights around a tree or porch in your backyard. They add a nice glow to your party and are a great purchase due to their low energy use!
- Patriotic Clothespin Wreath: Wreaths aren't just for Christmas anymore! Paint some clothes pins red, white and blue and arrange them around a wreath frame to resemble a flag! Add some foam stars to the blue pins and you have a festive new door hanging.
It's not a Party without good food! Upgrade from the classic burger, hot dogs and s'mores that are standard at every cookout. We looked around to find the best Fourth of July party recipes, that put a new spin on average cookout food to make your party red, white and better than ever.
- Boozy Cherry Bombs: A fun new way to enjoy adult beverages on the fourth!
- Bacon Cheeseburger Dip: Better than basic burgers
- Red, White, and Blue Cheesecake Salad: Not the boring salad you are used to
- Mini Corn Dogs: An American classic
- Firecracker Red, White and Blue Bundt Cake: Upgrade the outdated flag cake with this firework-resembling one!
These activities, decorations and food tips are guaranteed to make your celebration a hit with all of your guests! Remember to have a safe and fun holiday and no matter how you plan to celebrate, enjoy the company of your friends and family on this anniversary of our freedom.Tags: